Leaf Cake

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This past weekend marked the 6th year of RWC so I got to make a small cake for the celebration.

I blew up the image of their logo which was a leaf and cut out a template as well as a base.  Filled it with raspberry preserves and vanilla buttercream.





 

Covered it in white fondant, then cut out a green gumpaste outline as well as letters in two different fonts.

 



 

 

Ok all done, ready to go get eaten!

 




The best part of this whole cake though??  I forgot that I left the fridge setting on HIGH max so the cake would chill faster and that evening....BOOOM there was an explosion in my fridge!  The diet Pepsi's in the back couldn't handle the cold :)  Lets just say I had to clean out every nook and cranny of the fridge that evening. 
 




 

3 comments:

mizy said...

The leaf cute is so cool! Great job!

me too said...

omgosh liz. i am blown away. God's glory is so apparent the skills He's given you and the way those translate into joy and beauty that's reflective of Him. i'm so excited for what's to come!! LOVELOVELOVE. chinese soon?.. ;)

Jessica said...

Good thing it didn't explode while the cake was in there!! :)

BEAUTIFUL Cakes...I LOVE your style so much! - very inspiring!!